Our Lady of the Valley has an active Student Council. The elected members are from grades 5-8. During the year the Student Council will plan 3 dances for the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade. The council will also have a fundraiser for a charity organization.
OLV Student Council Duties
1. President (8th) – Presides over the meetings, organizes and leads other officers.
2. Treasurer (8th) – Responsible for all the finances and for keeping up to date figures on our account.
3. Secretary (7th) – Calls the roll and takes minutes at each meeting, info for the newsletter
4. Vice-President (7th) – Fund-raising
5. Chaplain (6th) – Responsible for leading prayer at meetings, organizing charitable events for the school and community.
6. Historian (6th) – Picture taking at events
1. Report to all scheduled meetings
2. Represent your class’s ideas
3. Share council news with your class