Welcoming New Students to a Community of Faith, Knowledge, and Service
Thank you for your interest in Our Lady of the Valley Catholic School. Each year OLV is delighted to welcome new students to our school family!
Every child who applies for admission will be considered individually and evaluated on the basis of past performance, including academic standing and social behavior. Insofar as OLV School is a Catholic institution, new students will be considered for admission in the following order:
- children of OLV School employees
- children who have siblings already enrolled in OLV School
- children of OLV registered parishioners in good standing
- children of St. Mark the Evangelist's parishioners in good standing
- children of Catholic families
- children of other denominations
The State of Alabama and Our Lady of the Valley School require that a child must meet the following age requirements for admission:
- 3K Preschool—3 years of age on or before September 1st
- 4K Preschool—4 years of age on or before September 1st
- 5K Kindergarten—5 years of age on or before September 1st
- 1st Grade—6 years of age on or before September 1st
- 2nd Grade—7 years of age on or before September 1st
In addition, OLV requires that children be completely toilet trained to be eligible for school. (No diapers or pull-ups)
If applying for admission for grades 2nd through 8th grade, the following guidelines apply.
- A child must have a Stanford Achievement Test (or equivalent) at or above the 50th percentile.
- A child must have maintained an overall grade point average of C or better, and must not have received a final failing grade of F in any subject.
- A minimum conduct grade of satisfactory must have been maintained and a history of acceptable level of attendance must be evident.
Please contact the school office at 205-991-5963 for information about registration. Consideration for registration is given based upon the above priorities. You’ll be informed as soon as possible regarding admission and upon acceptance will complete enrollment information via the parent’s RenWeb school portal.
REQUEST INFORMATION about OLV School - click here for new student inquiry